Friday, May 11, 2012

Lechon Macau Battle

MANN HANN VS. NORTH PARK
It's crunch time!

Yesterday, I met with my friends for dinner at North Park, Trinoma. We've recently graduated last April, and we just wanted to have a grown-up dinner, which is just an excuse for gossiping and talking about the infamous job hunt phenomenon. I ordered the Lechon Macau with fried rice for P238.00, and I was excited to compare it with the best Lechon Macau I've had so far, which is in Mann Hann.  

Unfortunately, the meat lacked juiciness and flavor, and the rice was too oily. Good thing there was free hot tea! What really saved this meal for me was the crunch. Haha! I am a fan of anything deep-fried and crunchy :)) It was acceptable, but still not topping my number one choice for deep fried pork belly.
North Park's Lechon Macau over fried rice
This is a photo of Mann Hann's Lechon Macau, also served with rice for almost the same price - P208.00. I don't know how they do it, but even if you order this for takeout and drive home, it would still be crunchy. I also like other dishes there, but this is our staple order, and also seems to be a staple order for the other diners. Two thumbs up! 
Mann Hann's Lechon Macau with rice. Photo from Foodspotting.com
By the way, here's a photo of me and my friends! Two people from our barkada couldn't make it, so there ought to be another dinner soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Leave one here!